"I'm painting the weakness and fragility... Is hard sometimes to recognize the human behind this red stains but I had to deal with it to overcome the Agony"
Oil on Canvas
"Two of Me"
Acrylic on Canvas
Born in Colombia. Master in Fine Arts at National University of Colombia 1998.
Based in Miami Fl. since 2008.
Professional photographer of Fashion, editorials and advertising during 25 years . Painter and Drawer .
• Counselor in the Graduation Project on Physical Engineering of student Melissa Palacio from Universidad Nacional de Colombia 2.008, winner of the global prize Fringie Art Competition California 2008. (Scientist Photography)
• Guest as a Visual Artist at the Miami Short Film Festival 2013.
• Nominated to best experimental film at the Miami Short Film Festival 2013.Personalized
As a teacher
• Currently teaching at Unilatina University. Miami Gardens since 2015.
• Teacher of photography in fine arts career at National university of Colombia 2005-2006
• Design professor at the University of los Andes, Bogotá, 2008.
• Personalized classes of photography and drawing.
• “Pompas de jabón, la simetría de la naturaleza” at Parque Explora Medellín (Colombia) 2014
• “Dime con qué te identificas y te diré que tan buen artista eres” at Casa Cultural de el Poblado(Colombia) 29/01/2014
"His work begins with a memory that is a knot of memories which are woven around each other. When the knots become too tight, Betancur reaches in, pulls them out and sets those beautiful monsters free".
Neil de la Flor. Knight Foundation. 2012
"The artist also uses photography to bring us close-up views of the extraordinary, fantastical patterns created when light hits the surface of soap bubbles".
Karen Kedmey. Artsy. 2014.
His passion for photography started more than twenty years ago. Through his career he had the opportunity to work as a fashion photographer with the best model agencies in Colombia.
He discovers beauty trough his lens and the light always take special place on all his photos.
Copyright © 2018 Santiago Betancur - All Rights Reserved.